Thursday, January 25, 2007

So the All-Star game was... well... an All-Star game.

Lots of goals, lots of flubbed pass attempts, a few pretty plays, and even more goals. Alex Ovechkin scored once during the game and apparently scored a ton of merchandise beforehand as well. Well, I'm glad he enjoyed the experience.

And was it just me that took a sick sort of pleasure in seeing Marty Brodeur lit up like the sky on the Fourth of July in the second period? Tell me it wasn't just me. I mean, I know it was an exhibition and all, but still, he got positively SMOKED out there. Good times... if you're not a Devils fan (and why the hell would you be?).

Well, now that the fun and games are over with, it's time for the Caps to get back to work, with a crucial home-and-home series against the 'Canes this weekend. The team needs to win at least one of the games to keep their playoff pulse strong. Otherwise we'll be in near-flatline territory.

First game of the set is tomorrow at 7 in Carolina (North or South? Does it even matter? Is there a discernible difference, other than the license plate?).

No comments: